Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Printed, now what?

Had a good play today......did some  simple block printing.
The blocks were loosely based on Notan and circles.

Red fabric - old cotton sheeting, hand dyed, very low immersion in a plastic bag, block made from kitchen sponge.
Pale fabric - Egyptian cotton, doesn't look it but it's tea dyed, block made from soft cut lino.

What next?

?Overprint - same block, different block, something completely different.
? Add something else - text, hand written, block printed. 
 
? Cut and piece.
? Piece in other fabrics.
? Apply other fabrics.
? Just quilt.

Thought on today - good to go back to basics and just play. Having limited supplies
on the day is liberating. I only had a few fabrics and black print medium with me. If I'd more fabric and more coloured print mediums with me I would have wasted more time making decisions and constantly changing my mind.

Remember - KISS!!      Keep it simple sweetheart/stupid!!
We'll see what tomorrow brings.