Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Journal quilts

The latest journal quilts are done. Only the edges needed doing.
I wanted to get them done before FOQ but I ran out of time.
'Trees' is still the theme and the size is 6" x12", horizontal.
 
May.
This series started with a photograph I took a couple of years ago.
Bluebells and oilseed rape made a striking image.
Hand dyed, gelli printed and commercial batik fabric with some
fusing and lots of free machining. Oh and a little bit of printing.
June.
This was a challenge...........
Theme - landscape.
Technique - to use fabric scraps no bigger than 3" square.
I collect selvedges, I knew they'd come in handy one day.
More of the same techniques as above.

July.
Just bluebells this time.

August.
A little bit of perspective. It looks better like this or standing
well back and looking at it.